Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Midnitemonologues


Written by a dear friend I have known since the 7th grade!

Rosalind Russell by Midnitemonologues

"Flops are a part of life's menu and I've never been a girl to miss out on any of the courses". ~ Rosalind Russell

Rosalind Russell, is hands down one of my top 3 old Hollywood actresses. She was such a lively, spirited woman. My favorite movie of hers was Auntie Mame. I feel such a connection to her that I know I will post more on this wonderful woman! What I want to focus on today is the aforementioned quote. What an awesome perspective...I have always felt this way throughout my life...but...never had the words to express my feelings. What can I say...I love life and I love food...so...I can totally relate with this quote. (sigh)
There have been "meals" in my life that I've tried...and definitely had to secretly spit back into my napkin and out of my system...and there have been other "meals" that I have gorged upon and gotten sick afterwards...still others that I have enjoyed and relished and will never forget.
Life is most definitely a banquet (another set of words from Rosalind) and it is how you approach the meal. Here's to full courses with lots of dessert, my friends!
xoxo -
Kasey

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! So glad you liked this...and yes - I'm all about a "dress-up old Hollywood movie night"! ;)
    Smooches - can't wait to see you Friday!

    ReplyDelete